Tuesday, September 9, 2008

what religion am i?


Each of the places that we visited St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Congregation of the Children of Israel, and Al Huda Islamic Center. I enjoyed learning about other religions, and i also felt as if they coinsided with the religion that i study. Even though they don't worship in the same ways that we do, i can still respect and follow along with the way that they worship. I wouldn't mind going back, becasue i learned alot about what other religions believe in and who they follow, and different things that they do to worship, and how they go about praying.


When i walked into the buildings i felt as if i was walking into one of my churchs, all of them had the same beliefs that i did. I either saw pictures of jesus, or god. All of the religions had traits of one or the other. Like praying for instance, all of the religions prayed atleast 1 time a day. I thought that some of the buildings were really small then i thought that some of them were really big.


I learned that some of the religions had different names for god, like allah was one of them, and some believe that moses was the first prophet ever to exist. I already had a pretty good vision of what they guest speaker would look like, and most of them where old. They looked like guys that had been around for a long time. I thought that it was really cool how they take off their shoes and put their heads on the floor and pray. I also thought it was cool how the jews torah was written in hebrew and how he understood it, and just read it like it was nothing.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Where did you see a picture of Jesus or God at Al Huda, or the synagogue? Your third paragraph is by far the best because you provide so many details. I'm glad that you enjoyed this experience

Try to clean up this post a little bit by providing more details and edit it for small errors. As is 40/50 points.